Wednesday 26 January 2011

Make a work which moves from one place to another

As there are a number of things that can constitute moving from one place to another there are many different possibilities for outcomes. I've looked at artworks that physically move like; animations, clothing and accessories, things that move or can be viewed in different places like websites, flyers and advertisments, aswell as things that give the illusion or impression of movement like sculptures etc.







 After looking at various artworks and clothing  that move I looked into things that were designed to be moved like carrier bags that are about transporting goods as well as advertising for any given company.



 
I liked the idea of a carrier bag being viewed as a moving advertisment and I looked at some iconic carriers like the Bloomingdales little brown bags and some carriers that were popular especially amongst the younger generation like JD sports carriers. I thought about trying to create a carrier for a company on the high street that would or could be a useful advertising tool and that people would want to use again but I became uninterested in this idea and decided to look at the question from a different angle and relate it to another project I was doing, wear a chair. I felt that because I had created movement of the chair in the sense of its use and the position of the body it would be related to that this could lend itself well as an artwork that moves or has moved from one place to another. So I decided that I would do vector drawings of the pieces of jewellery I  had made using the chair aswell as the chair and create a shape tween that demonstrated the chair evolving. 



Overall I feel that I have answered the brief but would have liked to explore the question in more depth and with more experimentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment